Friday, September 24, 2010

Mailing Perfection

I spent the morning in court. After my case was called, I filed a brief I had spent the last few days drafting. The law has cultivated in me a sharp-edged writing, to the point, exact, persuasive. No matter how satisfying an argument may be, the only writing that brings tears to my eyes arrives in the mail (old-fashioned, I know) from someone I love with a message just for me. 

That happened to me yesterday. My brother, Nate, sent me a letter, mostly filled with song lyrics from a shared favorite song, but ending with perfection. I miss you. I love you. 

(Nate and I doing some home demolishing of a '70s-style bar in my parent's basement.)

Today's daydream: a beautiful, hand-written, heart-felt note. If I were at home today, that would be my activity of choice. All I need is some beautiful stationary. Maybe something like this (from ohlouisedesigns on etsy.com):





No comments:

Post a Comment